Outback Steakhouse, Inc. runs one of the largest casual steakhouse chains in the United States, Outback Steakhouse. The chain consists of more than 600 Australian-themed restaurants in 47 states and several countries. The dinner-only restaurants serve moderately priced entrees such as seasoned steaks, prime rib, chicken, seafood, and pasta. The chain's signature, however, is an appetizer, the 'Bloomin' Onion.' The company also runs the Carrabba's Italian Grill chain, which includes about 70 dinner-only restaurants offering moderately priced Italian cuisine in a casual atmosphere. Outback Steakhouse, Inc. is also involved in two emerging restaurant chains: an upscale steakhouse called Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, and another upscale chain called Roy's Restaurants, which features 'east-west' cuisine and was founded by celebrated chef Roy Yamaguchi.
Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipe
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
1/2 ounce Kahlúa liqueur
1/2 ounce gingerbread syrup
1/2 scoop vanilla ice cream — semi-melted
Combine all ingredients with ice in shaker. Shake until smooth and pour into chilled glass. Top with whipped cream if desired. I grated fresh nutmeg on top too.
OUTBACK SPECIAL STEAK
Outback Restaurant Copycat Recipe
2 sirloin steaks, well trimmed, boneless, 1 1/4 inch thick
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Heat an outdoor grill, stove top grill pan, or broiler. Mix Spice Rub ingredients; rub on both sides of steak. Grill or broil 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Remove to plates; let rest 5 minutes before serving. Serves 2.
This salad at Outback Steakhouse has mixed greens, red peppers, chopped cilantro, sliced almonds and sesame seeds tossed in sesame vinaigrette. You can order it with grilled Chicken, Ahi Tuna or grilled Salmon.
Easy Sesame Soy Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons sesame oil
Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl.
Outback Steakhouse Tops Its Iconic Bloomin’ Onion
Outback Steakhouse introduced the new and much anticipated Loaded Bloomin’ Onion today, bringing together two of the restaurant’s most iconic dishes – the signature Bloomin’ Onion and Aussie Cheese Fries. This new Aussie-tizer was inspired by the “Big Australia” menu, which features bigger, Aussie sized portions of restaurant favorites and exciting new offerings. The limited time menu is available now through August 2, 2016.
As with Outback’s original Bloomin’ Onion, the new Loaded Bloom is a shareable, indulgent appetizer. Other new “Big Australia” menu offerings include:
- 18 oz. Center Cut Sirloin: Seasoned and seared to juicy perfection and served with a signature potato and choice of one freshly made side.
- New Béarnaise Jumbo Shrimp Topped Filet: Victoria’s Filet Mignon topped with four jumbo shrimp and a Béarnaise sauce, served with a signature potato and choice of one freshly made side.
- New Giant Crab Stuffed Lobster Tail: Premium lump crab cake stuffed in an Aussie-sized jumbo lobster tail and topped with Hollandaise sauce. Served with your choice of two freshly made sides.
“With the new Big Australia menu, we’re excited to introduce delicious, generous-sized dishes that reflect the spirit of the ‘Bloomin’ Big’ Australian Dinner Parties taking place at Outbacks nationwide,” said Jeff Smith, Outback Steakhouse President.
While the “Big Australia” menu celebrates larger portions, Outback also offers a wide range of dishes to satisfy a variety of dietary needs, tastes and occasions – including several “Under 600 Calorie” appetizer and entrée options including the Crab and Avocado Stack, the 6 oz. Center Cut Sirloin with mixed vegetables, Grilled Chicken on the Barbie or Perfectly Grilled Salmon.
New Hand Carved Roasted Sirloin
Outback Steakhouse is introducing the all new Han-Carved Roasted Sirloin at participating locations nationwide. In addition to Outback’s signature grilling styles – Seasoned & Seared and Wood-Fire Grilled – the restaurant is excited to offer a third preparation option to its guests. Seasoned and seared to lock in its natural juicy flavors, Outback’s new Roasted Sirloin is then slow roasted for three hours for maximum tenderness and hand carved to order.
Starting at just $10.99, the new Roasted Sirloin is perfectly paired with bold new sides and savory sauces, including:
- Classic Roasted Sirloin: tender slices of roasted sirloin topped with a rich Cabernet sauce, served with garlic mashed potatoes and a broccoli garnish.
- Marsala Roasted Sirloin: tender slices of roasted sirloin topped with sauteed mushrooms and a savory mushroom Marsala sauce. Served with creamy Parmesan rice and a broccoli garnish.
- Bistro Roasted Sirloin: tender slices of roasted sirloin topped with a creamy Dijon bistro sauce. Served with crispy diced potatoes and a broccoli garnish.
In addition to the new Roasted Sirloin, Outback’s Signature Steaks can either be seasoned and seared with a secret blend of 17 spices on the flattop grill or wood fire grilled for a delicious natural flavor. Plus, for those looking for a forkless Roasted Sirloin option, Outback is introducing all new Steakhouse Quesadillas, stuffed with tender slow roasted sirloin, Monterey Jack cheese, chipotle spread, cilantro and green onions, and served with sour cream.
Outback Steakhouse New Items:
- Filet Portabella(pictured): Filet mignon topped with seasoned bistro butter, grilled portobello mushrooms and Parmesan cheese, served with a choice of potato and side
- Wood Fire Grilled Flat Iron: Flat iron steak marinated in citrus and herbs
- Broccoli & Cheese: Steamed broccoli topped with three cheese sauce and a blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses
- Steakhouse Mac & Cheese: Macaroni in Cheddar and smoked Gouda, seasoned and topped with toasted garlic breadcrumbs, star
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes: Mashed potatoes topped with sour cream, bacon, green onions, and Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses
Outback Steakhouse wants to be America’s lunch destination. Starting at 11 a.m. daily, the new lunch menu offers more than 70 delicious combos starting at just $6.99.
Outback has gradually increased the number of its restaurants that offer lunch over the years.The chain has expanded lunch into 70 percent of its 988 U.S. locations.
Along with a full selection of signature bold steaks, Outback is introducing new Aussie Tacos, with a choice of steak, chicken or fish. Also new on the menu is the Ribeye Melt Sandwich, made with tender ribeye topped with grilled onions, crispy bacon, melted Cheddar cheese and garlic aioli, all on a toasted Artisan bun and served with Aussie Fries. The Aussie Tacos and Ribeye Melt sandwich are both available as part of Outback’s wide variety of lunch combos.
- Wilson Watermelon Cosmo - 1 oz Watermelon Vodka, 1 oz Triple Sec, and 1 oz cranberry juice- shake over ice and strain into cocktail glass
- Watermelon 'Rita - 1 oz Watermelon Vodka, 1 oz tequila, 2 oz sweet and sour mix- can be frozen
- Watermelon Fizz - 2 oz Watermelon Vodka, 6 oz lemon/lime soda, serve over ice
- Melon Bomb - 2 oz Watermelon Vodka, 4 oz energy drink, serve over ice
- Watermelon Cooler - 2 oz Watermelon Vodka, 4 oz cranberry juice- serve over ice
- Watermelon Splash - 2 oz Watermelon Vodka, 4 oz club soda- serve over ice
TIGER DILL SAUCE
Makes about 1 cup
2//3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 teaspoon prepared horseradish
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
Blend all together and serve with any beef dish. This is better if left to set overnight.
Notes: The Tiger Dill Sauce is the great stuff they serve with your steak at Outback.
FROZEN STRAWBERRY KIWI LEMONADE
Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipe
3/4 oz Strawberry Smirnoff Vodka
1 1/4 oz Shakka Kiwi liquor
A splash of lemonade concentrate
Blend the above ingredients with ice and pour them over 2 ounces of strawberry puree. (Can be blended with real strawberries or bought frozen at a grocery store.)
LOBSTER AND MUSHROOM TOPPING
Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipe
2 tablespoons butter
4 ounces button mushrooms sliced thin
1 teaspoon chopped chives
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 ounces lobster claw meat, chopped
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
black pepper to taste
In a medium skillet melt the butter on medium heat. Add mushrooms and chives and saute until tender. Add the heavy cream, and reduce. Add the lobster claw meat and warm in the sauce.