Outback Steakhouse, Inc. runs one of the largest casual steakhouse chains in the United States, Outback Steakhouse. The chain consists of more than 600 Australian-themed restaurants in 47 states and several countries. The dinner-only restaurants serve moderately priced entrees such as seasoned steaks, prime rib, chicken, seafood, and pasta. The chain's signature, however, is an appetizer, the 'Bloomin' Onion.' The company also runs the Carrabba's Italian Grill chain, which includes about 70 dinner-only restaurants offering moderately priced Italian cuisine in a casual atmosphere. Outback Steakhouse, Inc. is also involved in two emerging restaurant chains: an upscale steakhouse called Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, and another upscale chain called Roy's Restaurants, which features 'east-west' cuisine and was founded by celebrated chef Roy Yamaguchi.
This salad at Outback Steakhouse has mixed greens, red peppers, chopped cilantro, sliced almonds and sesame seeds tossed in sesame vinaigrette. You can order it with grilled Chicken, Ahi Tuna or grilled Salmon.
Easy Sesame Soy Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons sesame oil
Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl.
New Hand Carved Roasted Sirloin
Outback Steakhouse is introducing the all new Han-Carved Roasted Sirloin at participating locations nationwide. In addition to Outback’s signature grilling styles – Seasoned & Seared and Wood-Fire Grilled – the restaurant is excited to offer a third preparation option to its guests. Seasoned and seared to lock in its natural juicy flavors, Outback’s new Roasted Sirloin is then slow roasted for three hours for maximum tenderness and hand carved to order.
Starting at just $10.99, the new Roasted Sirloin is perfectly paired with bold new sides and savory sauces, including:
- Classic Roasted Sirloin: tender slices of roasted sirloin topped with a rich Cabernet sauce, served with garlic mashed potatoes and a broccoli garnish.
- Marsala Roasted Sirloin: tender slices of roasted sirloin topped with sauteed mushrooms and a savory mushroom Marsala sauce. Served with creamy Parmesan rice and a broccoli garnish.
- Bistro Roasted Sirloin: tender slices of roasted sirloin topped with a creamy Dijon bistro sauce. Served with crispy diced potatoes and a broccoli garnish.
In addition to the new Roasted Sirloin, Outback’s Signature Steaks can either be seasoned and seared with a secret blend of 17 spices on the flattop grill or wood fire grilled for a delicious natural flavor. Plus, for those looking for a forkless Roasted Sirloin option, Outback is introducing all new Steakhouse Quesadillas, stuffed with tender slow roasted sirloin, Monterey Jack cheese, chipotle spread, cilantro and green onions, and served with sour cream.
Outback Steakhouse New Items:
- Filet Portabella(pictured): Filet mignon topped with seasoned bistro butter, grilled portobello mushrooms and Parmesan cheese, served with a choice of potato and side
- Wood Fire Grilled Flat Iron: Flat iron steak marinated in citrus and herbs
- Broccoli & Cheese: Steamed broccoli topped with three cheese sauce and a blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses
- Steakhouse Mac & Cheese: Macaroni in Cheddar and smoked Gouda, seasoned and topped with toasted garlic breadcrumbs, star
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes: Mashed potatoes topped with sour cream, bacon, green onions, and Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses
Outback Steakhouse wants to be America’s lunch destination. Starting at 11 a.m. daily, the new lunch menu offers more than 70 delicious combos starting at just $6.99.
Outback has gradually increased the number of its restaurants that offer lunch over the years.The chain has expanded lunch into 70 percent of its 988 U.S. locations.
Along with a full selection of signature bold steaks, Outback is introducing new Aussie Tacos, with a choice of steak, chicken or fish. Also new on the menu is the Ribeye Melt Sandwich, made with tender ribeye topped with grilled onions, crispy bacon, melted Cheddar cheese and garlic aioli, all on a toasted Artisan bun and served with Aussie Fries. The Aussie Tacos and Ribeye Melt sandwich are both available as part of Outback’s wide variety of lunch combos.
- Wilson Watermelon Cosmo - 1 oz Watermelon Vodka, 1 oz Triple Sec, and 1 oz cranberry juice- shake over ice and strain into cocktail glass
- Watermelon 'Rita - 1 oz Watermelon Vodka, 1 oz tequila, 2 oz sweet and sour mix- can be frozen
- Watermelon Fizz - 2 oz Watermelon Vodka, 6 oz lemon/lime soda, serve over ice
- Melon Bomb - 2 oz Watermelon Vodka, 4 oz energy drink, serve over ice
- Watermelon Cooler - 2 oz Watermelon Vodka, 4 oz cranberry juice- serve over ice
- Watermelon Splash - 2 oz Watermelon Vodka, 4 oz club soda- serve over ice
TIGER DILL SAUCE
Makes about 1 cup
2//3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 teaspoon prepared horseradish
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
Blend all together and serve with any beef dish. This is better if left to set overnight.
Notes: The Tiger Dill Sauce is the great stuff they serve with your steak at Outback.